12 TIPS FOR YOUR FINAL WALK THROUGH
- Set aside 30 to 60 minutes for the walk-through and conduct it 24 to 48 hours before closing.
- Take your contract with you to confirm that items seller agreed to fix have been repaired and items seller agreed to leave are still in the home.
- Starting inside, open and close windows and doors and check that all latches and locks work.
- Test heating and air conditioning systems.
- Confirm all appliances are in working order.
- Test all light switches and electric outlets.
- Test smoke detectors.
- Check that faucets work and there are no signs of leaks from faucets, water lines or drain pipes.
- Flush toilets.
- Confirm tubs, showers and sinks drain properly.
- Check exterior of home for signs of damage to doors, windows, screens, siding and roof.
- Confirm all landscaping that was present at inspection is still in place.
Feel free to download our pdf file here.